CASW LONDON STUDY TOUR
THURSDAY 11 OCTOBER – SUNDAY 14 OCTOBER 2018
Arthur Parker and Jenny McClelland will be leading a study tour of London staying at the 4* Doubletree by Hilton Hyde Park Hotel. The hotel is situated on the Bayswater Road close to Queensway (Central line) and Bayswater (Circle and District lines) Tube Stations.
Coach to and from London and daily excursions, 3 nights’ accommodation with full English breakfast, drinks before the traditional Society Dinner on the Saturday evening, admission charges where applicable and all gratuities. The coach has toilet facilities on-board and the tour is suitable for all levels of mobility.
- En route: Swindon Museum and Art Gallery: Cicatrix: The Scar of a Healed Wound exhibition
- V&A Museum: Frida Kahlo: Making Herself Up exhibition
- Huxley-Parlour Gallery: Gallery artists’ exhibition
- Sladmore Contemporary Gallery: Mario Dilitz sculpture exhibition
- Bloomberg SPACE and London Mithraeum: Modern artworks and Roman Temple
- Lacy Gallery: Contemporary paintings from St Petersburg School of Art
- Hauser&Wirth: Exhibition by gallery artist to be confirmed at a later date
- Goldsmiths Centre for Contemporary Art: Mika Rottenberg exhibition
Other visits may be confirmed at a later date.
Brief information on some of the venues:
- Swindon Museum and Art Gallery has a permanent collection of British art including works by most of the major movements with paintings by Vanessa Bell, Sylvia Gosse, Ben Nicholson and Graham Sutherland.
- The Lacy Gallery in Notting Hill has three floors filled with Russian artwork.
- Bloomberg’s new European headquarters was designed by Norman Foster and combines office space with high-end artworks commissioned for the building. Underneath, is the London Mithraeum, dating from the third century, together with an exhibition containing Roman artefacts found during excavations at the site.
- Goldsmiths CCA is due to open in September this year. The University has a global reputation for excellence in the arts and this new centre will showcase contemporary art from around the world.
- CASW visited Hauser & Wirth in Somerset last year for the Elizabeth Frink exhibition. Their London gallery is spacious and accommodating with a large selection of works by gallery artists.
N.B. The final itinerary will be sent to participants in August. For any queries please contact
Jenny McClelland email@example.com 029 20623972
Cost £415 per person (£210 single supplement), with reductions for Art Fund and V&A membership.
A non-refundable deposit of £100.00 per person is required as soon as possible
Should this tour be oversubscribed then a ballot will be held. Any profits from this tour will be applied to the Society’s charitable objectives.