Two Exhibitions in Pembrokeshire – Set House Arts and Oriel Q
Set House Arts is a new gallery space within a disused WWll radar station. Our visit will be to the opening of a Welsh contemporary art exhibition together with a guided tour of the radar station which has been restored to how it may have looked during its service years as RAF Ripperston.
The exhibition will include sculpture, ceramics, paintings and photography with works from this year’s graduates alongside works by established artists, some of whom will be at the opening.
Oriel Q is a contemporary arts space in the centre of Narberth which provides events and exhibitions for visual and applied arts. Our visit is to “Venus” an exhibition featuring works by Keith Bayliss, Roger Moss and William Brown.
Plan of the Day
- Depart Cardiff 8.30am from Wild Gardens Road, Roath Park
- Comfort break at motorway services
- Arrive at Set House Arts at 11.30am
- Refreshments and brief introduction to the gallery and historic buildings
- Tour of art exhibition and the restored radar station
- 3 course Set House lunch with drinks
- Depart for Oriel Q, High Street, Narberth to arrive at 3.15pm
- Introduction to the exhibition from Lynne Crompton, Curator
- Tour of exhibition
- Depart at 4.45pm to arrive in Cardiff at 6.30pm